A Licensed Massage Therapist and certified Reiki Master, Cherie Elm has been giving massage and channeling readings for well over 30 years. Cherie shares a heart-centered and holistic approach and is empowered by lifelong study and practice in energy work, various modalities of bodywork including Jin Shin Do Acupressure, and yoga. She earned a Master’s Degree in Applied Leadership for Teaching and Learning from the University of Wisconsin—Green Bay, and is a compassionate advocate and spaceholder for women and community. Cherie studied Yoga at the Green Bay Area Yoga Center and offers weekly Yin Yoga classes.
How Potentia Came to Be
I had been listening to Melissa Jonsson’s webinar while driving and as she’s talking about potentia being the root word for power, a shooting star with a green tail shot straight down in front of me. I thought, what a cool word, if I ever open up shop again, I think I’ll name my business Potentia.
And so it is.
Thank you to all of my teachers and guides who have opened the path for me along the way.
A selection of notable courses and continuing education that supports the offerings at Potentia:
- Ortho-Bionomy, 2021
- M-Joy Integrative, 2019
- Joy Mapping – Healing the Heart, 2019
- Holo-Synchronous Energetic Technology Systems, 2018
- Emotional Release Sound Therapy, 2018
- Conscious Discipline, 2011
- Structural Relief Therapy for Shoulders, Arms, and Hands, 2008
- Reflexology, Seattle Reflexology & Massage Center, 2003
- Continuing Education in Aromatherapy, 2002, 2004
- Systemic Deep Tissue Therapy, 2004
- Professional Massage Training Course, Spectrum School of Massage, 1999
- Structural Muscular Balancing for Cumulative Trauma Disorder, 1999
- Sports Massage, 1999
- HIV/AIDS Education for Health Professionals, 1999
- Jin Shin Dō Acupressure, 1996
- Intensive Journal, Life Context & Depth Contact Modules, 1995
- Chi Energy Massage, 1993
- Healing the Shame that Binds You, Life Cycle Learning, 1992
- Creating Healthy Relationships, Life Cycle Learning, 1992
- Emotional Body Balancing I, II, 1992
- Touch for Health I, II, III, IV, 1992, Wayne Topping, 2001
- Awakening your Light Body, 1991
- Master Degree in Reiki Method of Natural Healing, 1990